Jonathan Walked!
Monday, May 14, 2007
Jonathan took nine steps for me today. He had taken two or three but no more. I was telling him how he could walk just like other people. I let him see me stand and then showed him I could walk. Then I told him he could do the same thing. And I stood him up and asked him to come to me. And he took nine steps before he sat down!
I figured we always get him to do things by showing him how to do them, so maybe it would work with walking too. And it did!
I took him straight to the pool to tell his mommy and Aunt Rachel. I told Rebecca I had good news and bad news and it was all the same news. Rachel said, "Somebody died but they're happy about it?" Rebecca said it WAS both good and bad news. She got to see him take three steps once when she hid in Rachel's closet to watch. He just won't walk for his mommy.
I figured we always get him to do things by showing him how to do them, so maybe it would work with walking too. And it did!
I took him straight to the pool to tell his mommy and Aunt Rachel. I told Rebecca I had good news and bad news and it was all the same news. Rachel said, "Somebody died but they're happy about it?" Rebecca said it WAS both good and bad news. She got to see him take three steps once when she hid in Rachel's closet to watch. He just won't walk for his mommy.
06:15 PM (UTC -7)
Health Update
Friday, Apr 20, 2007
I haven't talked about this but I went to a doctor (physician's assistant, actually--Mary Ellen) on February 5 who suggested I use Singulair. She said I might get off Serevent and Azmacort. I thought she was crazy, but I tried it. It immediately helped my allergies, which was great, and I soon was breathing through my nose all the time.
Mary Ellen told me to try tapering off Serevent first--in five days. I did that and used my last Serevent on February 24. When I felt comfortable with that (it was scary and sometimes I thought I couldn't breathe, but I did my breathing exercises and checked my meter and the meter said I was okay and the exercises calmed my breathing), I started cutting back on Azmacort. On March 24 I used my last Azmacort.
And here it is April 20 and I am on a 10-mg Singulair a day. It is so cool to get up in the morning and not have to take medicine, and it is so cool to take only one tiny pill at night, and it is so cool not to have to use inhalers, and it is so cool to be off a steroid!
I am very grateful to Mary Ellen and for Singulair. I also know that the lifestyle changes I have made have helped a lot too. I thank God for His mercy.
Anybody reading this who might be interested in the breathing exercises I do (which are WONDERFUL), let me know and I will guide you to the appropriate person.
Mary Ellen told me to try tapering off Serevent first--in five days. I did that and used my last Serevent on February 24. When I felt comfortable with that (it was scary and sometimes I thought I couldn't breathe, but I did my breathing exercises and checked my meter and the meter said I was okay and the exercises calmed my breathing), I started cutting back on Azmacort. On March 24 I used my last Azmacort.
And here it is April 20 and I am on a 10-mg Singulair a day. It is so cool to get up in the morning and not have to take medicine, and it is so cool to take only one tiny pill at night, and it is so cool not to have to use inhalers, and it is so cool to be off a steroid!
I am very grateful to Mary Ellen and for Singulair. I also know that the lifestyle changes I have made have helped a lot too. I thank God for His mercy.
Anybody reading this who might be interested in the breathing exercises I do (which are WONDERFUL), let me know and I will guide you to the appropriate person.
09:33 AM (UTC -7)
Felicia's Wedding
Thursday, Mar 22, 2007
Rachel and Michael and Robert and I went to Angleton on Saturday (St. Patrick's Day) for Felicia's wedding. Felicia is my friend Debbie's daughter. We had a wonderful time and it was great to see old friends. Here are Felicia, Rachel, and me.

09:47 AM (UTC -7)
Jonathan News
Friday, Mar 2, 2007
My grandson Jonathan is now nine months old. He is climbing up and walking around things. He can say no (of course), huh-uh (same as no), and also mama, dada, and yaya. I thought I wanted him to call me grammie but since he can say yaya maybe I'll pick that.:)
02:08 PM (UTC -8)
My Birthday, March 1, 2007
Friday, Mar 2, 2007
March 1, 2007, was my fifty-fifth birthday. I had a wonderful day.
My daughter Rachel gave me a big rice bag she made (she also made a sleeve for it so it won't burn me) so I can heat it in the microwave and put it on my back when it hurts. She and her husband, Michael, also got me an aloe vera plant. (I gave mine away to my friend Kierca before I left Kentucky because I was afraid the trip would destroy it.)
My daughter Rebecca and her husband, Robert, got me a cute little glass thingie that says, "I finally got it all together and now I can't remember where I put it." They also got me a DVD called "Return to Me."
My son Aaron got me the DVD "Secondhand Lions." I've seen that one but I love it.
My son Seth wasn't here so he didn't get me anything, but he called me.
My sister Lucy gave me a pair of pants, two slips, a book called A Spoonful of Sugar for Women. She also got me two boxes of candy.
My sister Willie got me a blue skirt with different layers and slits and stringy thingies. It's cotton and very pretty. She also got me a yellow blouse to go with it.
My sister Deane got me three very pretty blouses and two pairs of pink socks.
My sister Jodi called me.
Mommer, my ex-mother-in-law, sent me $20.
My husband, Robert, got me a thing to put on my computer that makes the signal stronger. I really needed that because where my computer is, the signal is weak. So during the day I have been getting on his computer, which apparently sits at a better signal. And he also got me one of those things that you put in a chair that has a massager on it.
Rebecca baked me a cake and put fifty-five pink candles on it. I blew them out in two tries.
In the book Lucy got me Bill Cosby says, "Old is always fifteen years from now." And George William Curtis says, "Age is a matter of feelings...not of years." So I think I am still very young.
I make such a big deal of it but my birthday has always been very important to me. When I was younger I'd start talking about it two months before it came. Part of why I love it is that it's the first day of March and the winter is about to be over and spring, with all its new beginnings, is about to come.
I really think that the year shouldn't end in the dead of winter. It should begin with spring. How does it make any sense for the year to end just as as winter is starting? I think March, April, and May should be spring; June, July, and August should be summer; September, October, and November should be fall; and December, January, and February should be winter. Doesn't that make more sense?
My daughter Rachel gave me a big rice bag she made (she also made a sleeve for it so it won't burn me) so I can heat it in the microwave and put it on my back when it hurts. She and her husband, Michael, also got me an aloe vera plant. (I gave mine away to my friend Kierca before I left Kentucky because I was afraid the trip would destroy it.)
My daughter Rebecca and her husband, Robert, got me a cute little glass thingie that says, "I finally got it all together and now I can't remember where I put it." They also got me a DVD called "Return to Me."
My son Aaron got me the DVD "Secondhand Lions." I've seen that one but I love it.
My son Seth wasn't here so he didn't get me anything, but he called me.
My sister Lucy gave me a pair of pants, two slips, a book called A Spoonful of Sugar for Women. She also got me two boxes of candy.
My sister Willie got me a blue skirt with different layers and slits and stringy thingies. It's cotton and very pretty. She also got me a yellow blouse to go with it.
My sister Deane got me three very pretty blouses and two pairs of pink socks.
My sister Jodi called me.
Mommer, my ex-mother-in-law, sent me $20.
My husband, Robert, got me a thing to put on my computer that makes the signal stronger. I really needed that because where my computer is, the signal is weak. So during the day I have been getting on his computer, which apparently sits at a better signal. And he also got me one of those things that you put in a chair that has a massager on it.
Rebecca baked me a cake and put fifty-five pink candles on it. I blew them out in two tries.
In the book Lucy got me Bill Cosby says, "Old is always fifteen years from now." And George William Curtis says, "Age is a matter of feelings...not of years." So I think I am still very young.
I make such a big deal of it but my birthday has always been very important to me. When I was younger I'd start talking about it two months before it came. Part of why I love it is that it's the first day of March and the winter is about to be over and spring, with all its new beginnings, is about to come.
I really think that the year shouldn't end in the dead of winter. It should begin with spring. How does it make any sense for the year to end just as as winter is starting? I think March, April, and May should be spring; June, July, and August should be summer; September, October, and November should be fall; and December, January, and February should be winter. Doesn't that make more sense?

No comments:
Post a Comment