Me and My Socks
Friday, Aug 25, 2006
What makes you happy? I'm not asking about big, important things--like knowing your children are healthy and doing well spiritually. That makes us all happy. What I want to know is what kinds of little things make you feel good inside and smile on the outside?
Mine is socks. I love socks. They keep me warm and that is important, but I like fun socks that make me smile--like my Care Bear socks or my Popeye socks or my Snoopy socks that have a little Snoopy head that comes out of the back of my shoes and stares backward as I walk.
Yes, I know it's August. And, yes, I have on socks.
Oh, that reminds me of a funny story about me and my socks. When I went into labor with my first child a guy was trying to find a vein to stick a needle in and was having no luck. So he went downstairs and found my niece, who was always good at that sort of thing. He said, "Will you go upstairs and stick that crazy woman in the red socks." I wonder if my niece already knew it was me before she found me--simply based on the guy's accurate description.:)
Mine is socks. I love socks. They keep me warm and that is important, but I like fun socks that make me smile--like my Care Bear socks or my Popeye socks or my Snoopy socks that have a little Snoopy head that comes out of the back of my shoes and stares backward as I walk.
Yes, I know it's August. And, yes, I have on socks.
Oh, that reminds me of a funny story about me and my socks. When I went into labor with my first child a guy was trying to find a vein to stick a needle in and was having no luck. So he went downstairs and found my niece, who was always good at that sort of thing. He said, "Will you go upstairs and stick that crazy woman in the red socks." I wonder if my niece already knew it was me before she found me--simply based on the guy's accurate description.:)
11:48 AM (UTC -7)
Birds
Tuesday, Aug 8, 2006
I cleaned out my refrigerator today. When I did we heard a whistling, almost like a bird singing. Searching, Michael discovered it was a jar of apple sauce. Rachel said maybe a bird had evolved in the jar. Evolution of my housekeeping might be a good thing. Ah, but the birds are singing and I want to listen.
11:30 AM (UTC -7)
Tires
Thursday, Aug 3, 2006
I got my tires rotated today. I didn't know Wal-Mart did that sort of thing until my son-in-law got his done there. It cost him $2 per tire and my Wal-Mart charged me only $1.50. I was surprised there was such a difference between two towns an hour apart. But isn't Wal-Mart wonderful! It's like a home away from home. When you have nothing to do or nowhere else to go, you can always go there and see if you can run into somebody to talk to. Three cheers for Wal-Mart!
06:46 PM (UTC -7)
Jonathan News
Wednesday, Aug 2, 2006
Jonathan went to the doctor for his first shots today. He was 23 inches long and weighed 12 pounds 2 ounces--which I had guessed before he was even weighed!
02:21 PM (UTC -7)
First Entry
Wednesday, Aug 2, 2006
I am just starting this so I don't have anything to say just yet. Stay tuned. :)Moonbeam:)

No comments:
Post a Comment